Handcarved Buddha Stone Statue in Bhumisparsha Mudra
Regular price Rs. 1,198.00
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Lord Buddha is sitting in the Bhumisparsha Mudra or the earth touching mudra or pose. The right hand is touching the earth and left hand is in meditating position.When Gautama became Buddha , he called upon the earth goddess to be his witness as he was being challenged by the demon king mara. In spirituality it represents the transformation from rage and anger to wisdom. It also represents the winning of good over the evil.
- The stone in which the statue is made is called "Palewa" locally and is found naturally in certain parts of Bihar ( a state in India).Palewa is a soapstone which is a type of metamorphic rock, which retains heat well and has a high magnesium content; it is also naturally non‒porous and sturdy making it perfect stone for statues. In colonial times these stones were used for pavements on streets.The statue has grey finish with intricate design and antique details.
- The statue is brought to you by "Vintage Bihar" and is available in various sizes which can be customised according to the demand of the customer, absolutely free of cost.
- The product require very less maintenance and washing with normal water will maintain the product for ages. Avoid harsh chemicals for cleaning. It is a very unique product in soft stone which is an excellent piece of art with intricate and very minute crafting
- This statue is an excellent product for gift and can be used for decorative purpose in home. It could also be used for bringing calm and peace inside your meditating area